Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Social: NOBLE ART

While doing some literature research within British Medical Journal I came across this interesting endpiece for one of the research articles. In BMJ, some of the research articles end with an endpiece which is often a quote or something that is submitted to them by someone usually in the medical profession.

BMJ 1999;318:1349
NOBLE ART – submitted by Aziz Sheikh, clinical research fellow, London

While on my student elective in Pakistan I was surprised to find a passage from the Koran artistically inscribed on to the wall of my allocated ward. This passage, I have subsequently learnt, has been a major motivating force for a career in the health professions. In translation it reads: “And whosoever saves a life, it is as if they have saved the whole of mankind”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home