Saturday, April 30, 2005

Politics: Is Criticism = Opposition?

After I took a casual glance of my two postings, I realized something. Ooops I am writing about Singapore and I have been critical in my postings, which by this country's attitudes and perceptions, amounts to nothing less than opposition.

This is something that is so odd amongst Singaporean government and people that I have seen, which is to equate Criticism to Opposition.

Well let me take you along a simple exercise to see that criticism only amounts to opposition in few instances.

I am CRITICAL of today's Cartoons. But hell no, i am not against Cartoons! I love em and I watch a lot of cartoons. Though I really enjoy old cartoons, I do watch new ones but have less preference than the former.

I am CRITICAL of Liverpool. They are so pathetic that I have not been following them nowadays..... But i am no AGAINST them! Instead I am and always have been a fan of Liverpool since the age of 7.

I am CRITICAL of roti prata cos its so oily... Furthermore Singapore prata just are getting worse by the day... But I am not AGAINST roti prata.. I love em... I go all the way to JB sometimes to eat good pratas.

I am CRITICAL of Singapore's heat and humidity... But I am not against Singapore weather.... After having lived in freezing winters for 6 years, I LOVE SINGAPORE WEATHER ANYTIME TO HARSH WINTERS...

I am CRITICAL of Japanese cars cos I find they like to copy the designs of European cars and nowadays many Japanese cars look so plastic... But I am not against Japanese cars... If I should buy a car, it will be a Japanese one...

Likewise if each one of us within the Singapore government and society review everything that we criticise and that we oppose we will indeed find that out of all that we criticise only a fraction we oppose. Hence to believe criticisms amount to opposition is shallow and myopic! Lets grow up!

1 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The excellent message gallantly)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home